Monday, May 9, 2011

books.

finley is already a lover a books. this makes me very happy. we read at least 2 books a day--normally quite short ones that rhyme. we read books to her while i was pregnant and of course i would read at least one book a day to my kiddos at school, so she's already heard a ton of books. sometimes she really will look at the pictures (how much of it she can see i'm not sure) and sometimes its like she's ignoring me, but she's quiet so i assume she likes it. sometimes she likes them SO much she falls asleep. she was enjoying books so much that i had read the ones i could reach from the chair and the only other thing i had to read was my nook. so i started reading my jen lancaster book "pretty in plaid" to her. which she also thoroughly enjoyed. i feel like i should read her something educational though. i LOVE jen lancaster, she literally makes me laugh out loud, but it's pure nonsense. well actually they're all based on her real life, but they. are. ridiculous. i finished the book so maybe i'll move on to classics. a little "pride and prejudice" oughtta put her sleep nicely. :)

1 comment:

  1. So I have been searching for this Jack Johnson song since I heard it on Pandora a couple of weeks ago! I sat there and cried all over her while she was eating...such a sweet song!

    ReplyDelete