Wednesday, January 5, 2011

done.

2010 has come and gone and my new year's resolution is complete. i'm not gonna lie, it was a real challenge for me. i wanted something that was challenging b/c most people want to lose weight or stop smoking (which i would assume are hard for them). i've been extremely blessed with good genes and smoking never has been my thing to say the least. this was my "weight loss" and i'm giving myself a pat on the back. although life took a huge (awesome) turn a few months ago, i say i passed. done and done.

yes, the past months i've had to get new clothes, but i can't very well squash finley into my kids jeans and nobody wants to see my bare belly if i were to wear my normal shirts. you're welcome. 2 weeks ago was really the first week i bought a significant amount of maternity clothes from old navy (3 sweaters, 3 long sleeve shirts, jeans, a dress, and a tunic which translates into $150). yea, i heart old navy and their cheap clothes. it helped that 75% of what i got was on sale. i went with erin and knew b would be glad i got so much so i'd stop complaining about being uncomfortable. and being the awesome husband he is, he was quite pleased with my shopping.


i know i kinda dropped the ball when it came to keeping track of what i "normally" spend, but we'll say about $150 a month. so i saved $1800 give or take. i guess if you subtract my maternity shopping and my singapore shopping it's about $1500 which i think is still pretty good. really does make me stop and think before i buy. erin had to talk me into a sweater at old navy that was on sale for $9.99. i'm pretty sure this will stay with me for a while, and anyways life's turning into all-about-finley anyways so my shopping opportunities will be limited. wouldn't trade it for the world.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe the no shopping year has come to an end! Selfishly I'm super happy about this....I have my shopping buddy back:)! It'll be fun to go shopping for the bitties too. Way to go! I think you did a "mahvelous job dahling!"

    ReplyDelete